Mirzapur (Season 1) Stellar Performance & Sharp Dialogues Lift Up this Gangster Saga!
Mirzapur Season 1 is an Indian crime thriller web series streaming on Amazon Prime Video. Moreover, produced by Excel Entertainment, the show displays crime, corruption, drugs, guns, mafia, rivalry, and unlawfulness. In addition, the major portion of the series is shot in Mirzapur, Jaunpur, Azamgarh, Ghazipur, Lucknow, Gorakhpur and Varanasi. Also, it was released on 16th November 2018. Lastly, it is written and directed by Karan Anshuman.
Mirzapur Season 1 Story
A deadly incident, at a wedding procession, leads to a series of events meshing the lives of two families in the unlawful city of Mirzapur. Moreover, it is a story of gangsters with sharp minds and dry humour. Also, it is the place where honesty changes in a blink and cash over rules. In other words, violence is an every-day dominance. Consequently, from politicians, police, lawyers to mafia lords, all are entangled in a complicated web of rivalries and relationships.
Mirzapur Season 1 Cast
The TV series includes the following actors and their respective character names.
- Vikrant Massey as Vinay “Bablu” Pandit
- Ali Fazal as Govind “Guddu” Pandit
- Pankaj Tripathi as Akhandanand “Kaleen” Tripathi
- Divyendu Sharma as Phoolchand “Munna” Tripathi
- Shriya Pilgaonkar as Sweety Gupta, Parshuram’s elder daughter and Guddu’s wife
- Rasika Dugal as Beena Tripathi, Kaleen Bhaiya’s second wife and Munna’s stepmother
- Kulbhushan Kharbanda as Satyanand Tripathi, Kaleen Bhaiya’s father and Munna’s grandfather
- Rajesh Tailang as Ramakant Pandit, Guddu, Bablu and Dimpy’s father
- Shweta Tripathi as Gajgamini “Golu” Gupta, younger daughter of Parshuram
- Shubrajyoti Bharat as Rati Shankar Shukla, Bahubali of Jaunpur, Kaleen Bhaiya’s rival
- Shahnawaz Pradhan as Superintendent of Police Parshuram Gupta, Golu and Sweety’s father
- Amit Sial as Senior Superintendent of Police Ram Sharan Maurya, Special Officer assigned to Mirzapur
- Shaji Chaudhary as Maqbool Khan, Kaleen Bhaiya’s trusted henchman
- Sheeba Chaddha as Vasudha Pandit, Ramakant Pandit’s wife, Guddu, Bablu and Dimpy’s mother
- Prashansa Sharma as Radhiya
- Harshita Gaur as Dimpy Pandit, Guddu and Bablu’s sister
- Abhishek Banerjee as Subodh aka Compounder
- Manu Rishi as Police IG Dubey
Without a doubt, the Mirzapur season 1 trailer is a high-octane thriller with intense action and gripping storyline. In addition, It demonstrates the essential insights of the web series with precision. For instance, the role of Pankaj Tripathi takes the center stage and instantly clicks with the audience. Above all, the trailer is well-presented and edited to captivate the attention of every crime-thriller buff.
Mirzapur Season 1 All Episodes
The show has one season with nine episodes in total to watch. Also, the average running time per episode is 43-53 minutes.
- Lions of Mirzapur
Some of the hard-hitting Mirzapur Season 1 dialogues and will urge you to watch the series right away.
- Mata ji yahan hai, Behen yaha hai, Maa-Behen ek karne mein aasani hogi’ – Munna Bhaiya
- Attack me bhi gun, defense me bhi gun, hum banayenge Mirzapur ko Amirica’ – Guddu pandit
- Neta banna hai toh gundey paalo. Gundey math bano – Kaleen Bhaiya
- Darr ki yahi dikkat hain, ki kabhi bhi Khatam ho sakta hai – Kaleen bhaiya
- Agli baar Munna Bhaiya ghar aaye, zinda wapas hi nahi laute toh?’- Guddu Pandit
- Baki har jagah acha kaam karke jeet te hai, bas election hi aisi jagah hai jahan jeet hai taki acha kaam kr ske – Golu Gupta
Mirzapur Season 1 Review
Certainly, Mirzapur season 1 is an incisive gangland drama. Furthermore, nearly every character in the show signs the attendance roster with their stellar performances in distinctive roles. Subsequently, from the cussing, rutting, endemic corruption, back-stabbing to abrupt paybacks, it show all bold. In other words, Mirzapur season one goes down to every element. In addition, it makes sure that nothing is left behind. However, the direction and script are the two spots that lack a little punch. But, overall, with a star cast in lead, Mirzapur safely counts to a must-watch list!
Sonia Khanna has been an irreverent content creator since 2011. Graduate in MBA (Finance), audits & accounts fail to fascinate her. Eventually, she associates and establishes her career in the entertainment industry. Currently, she is working as a freelance writer and full-time mom. She’s inclined to review movies and web series & her favorite genre is crime-thriller. She endeavors to bring life to her content with flawless choices of words.